Friday, January 11, 2008

Soup Review

I'm hoping to start a regular series of posts that will help motivate myself and others in our weight loss journey. It's been rumbling around in my brain but I just never have time to sit and get it written. Imagine that - I can't find time to do something with a 4 week old in the house. What's wrong with me?

I've joined a bunch bloggity type gals who are trying to lose weight. It's being spearheaded by Mighty Maggie. If you're a mom with young'ins and don't read her, you are missing out on a lot of laughs! We've got a group going on Weight Loss Wars - sort of a MySpace for weight loser wannabes. Let me know if you join and we can be friends! Wow!

For now, I'll give a review of the new Progresso Light soup. I had the Italian-Style Vegetable. The big deal about this soup for me was that it was 0 points on the Weight Watchers plan. Of course, this is for one serving which is about 1/2 the can of soup. If you have the whole can, and I did...come on, I'm nursing and I haven't even eaten since breakfast!...it's 1.5 points. As I'll divulge in my first motivational post, I am a big Weight Watchers fan. I did the program years ago and lost 40lbs. I went on to work for them as a weigher, a meeting leader and then in the Dallas office as a coordinator. It is a great program. I'm loosely trying to follow it right now which is great because when you are nursing you get like a gazillion points! Still not enough for me though - aagghhh!!

Anyway, back to the soup...YUCK. Seriously - it was not that good. But...for 1.5 points, heck yeah I'll eat it again. It left me with enough points to have an oatmeal creme pie people! That's what I'm talking about. However, for those of you without life, sleep and energy sucking humans otherwise known as newborns in your home, the home made Weight Watchers zero point soup is so much better. I'm sure you can Google it if you don't have it.

There are several other kinds of this soup that I'll be trying. I have the Southwestern Style Vegetable and I'm thinking that might be more up my alley. I'll keep you apprised!

No comments: