Friday, February 22, 2008

Surprise, Surprise! You're Not Alone

Recently I was scrolling through the Catholic Mothers Online blogroll just seeing who is out there and finding new blogs to read...as if I need more. I'm SO behind as it is! Anyway, I just run through the names until I find one intriguing. I saw one called Braids, Curls and Hunting Squirrels. For some reason, I wondered if it was a mom who had two girls and a boy - like I do. So I clicked on it and was thrilled to find that, as often is the case (or so I try to tell my husband, haha), I was right! As I looked at the pictures of the kids I started having the strangest feeling that I had seen them before. I had seen them before. This family goes to my church! The mom and I were in a book club together for a little while until I couldn't go anymore and then it stopped meeting. Coincidence? I think not! Just kidding!

So I started thinking about it. I know of several people at my church who blog! Here are a few that I know of for sure. There are a few more but they are kind of share the family pictures type blogs and I don't know if they want to be displayed.

Happy Catholic - she stared it all. For me anyway. She told our CRHP group that she was starting a blog...huh? There was a huge question mark on my face - I had no idea what a blog was! But what a great way to learn, huh?

Veronica on the Verge - she was the next one I knew with a blog. I love to read her stories!

My Favorite Things - my new friend that I met at work this year. She also goes to my church and is in my mom's group.

and if not
- Laura H is a new friend who I mainly know through blogging. Her dad and my husband were in CRHP together. My CRHP team put on the retreat for her mom's CRHP team.

Braids, Curls & Hunting Squirrels
- the blog that inspired this amazing, wonderful, riveting post!

I'm sure there are tons more (give me a shout out if so). It's a huge church! What fun to be able to share our faith not only with complete strangers a world away but with our church neighbors just down the street! It just goes to show - we're not so alone in this world!

6 comments:

Heather Barrett said...

Hi Stevie! I've been meaning to come by here and introduce myself for a while. I am one of your fellow parishioners, and I have a blog called The Practicing Catholic.

It's terrific to run into fellow parishioners on the Net! :D

God be with you & your family.

Dawn said...

this is so great! you are funny... it was YOUR blog that inspiried me to blog. you had a posting long ago you were praying for a little boy who was sick. i used to come out to your blog and read the posting over and over and pray for him. and, it was on YOUR site i saw catholic mothers online. the rest is history. this is such a fantastic forum. i feel i can capture my kids in a small way to save faster than i can snap a picture, print it, put it in a nice book. thanks stevie. thanks for the links to the other STA mom's as well. i'll go check them out. see you sooon! :)

Jessica said...

Hi Stevie... I have been reading your blog for awhile now, and have finally made my own...
It's awesome to see people you wouldn't necessarily get to know on the 'net and learn things from them. I have really appreciated your insight and honesty.

My blog is called Catholic Mommy 101. I will apply for the catholic mothers when I've been around long enough.

God bless!

Debbie said...

Love your new Look!

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

That is so cool! My church is huge, surely there are other bloggers there, although I actually don't know of any. Maybe I'll ask around during the sign of peace. :)

Stevie Moon said...

Hettie - nice to meet you too! I can't wait to find some time to visit your blog! Hope to meet you in person one of these days!

Lulu - WOW - how flattering! Thanks! And I know what you mean about capturing the kid's lives. I'm not scrapbooking type person so this is as close as I'll get!

Jessica - I can't wait to get over to your blog as well. I've met you a couple of times but am looking forward to getting to "know you" better through your blgo!

Debbie - Thanks!

Jen - I would crack up if someone asked me if I had a blog during the sign of peace. I'm cracking up thinking about it now! But I know how you feel about the sign of peace (I think that is you) so I could see that as a good alternative for you!