Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Absolute Freedom

This is something I read in my wonderful new book which was a birthday present from my mom. It is Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality. It is a compilation of teachings by Mother Angelica and it is fabulous. I recommend it to everyone! I read this particular section to my women's prayer group this past weekend and it really fit our discussion of the morning. I just thought I'd share it here as well.

Absolute Freedom

The thing that confuses us so much is that we are constantly thinking about ourselves: What am I going to do for the world? What am I going to do for my neighbor? You've got the wrong question.

The question is: What is God going to do through you? That's the question. How much are you going to let Him do? When you begin to ask the right questions you will get the right answers. You are nothing; and until you come to that realization, you will stumble and crawl through all of life. There is absolute freedom in the thought that you are nothing. Only then are you free to be used by God for His ends, the ends for which you have been created.


I love this! I always stress out about not doing enough. I spend many hours worrying about what it is I'm "supposed" to be doing. This does give me absolute freedom - freedom from stressing about this. Now I just tell God everyday to do whatever He wants to through me and just let Him take it from there! It is wonderful.

Expect to hear more from me about this book. It is amazing!

No comments: