Friday, October 15, 2010

Overheard at Wheelbarrow Manor

If you were a fly on the wall at Wheelbarrow Manor, you might hear the following...

  • Campo just said THE cutest thing...well, to me anyway! He said "I'm going to tell you something to your ear". Translation: he was going to whisper it! I didn't realize that is what he meant until he grabbed my head, turned it to him and started whispering LOUDLY into my ear!
  • GO RANGERS!!!! BEAT THE SKANKEES!!!
  • A discussion about the word SEXY. How do you tell a 4 and 6 year old what the word SEXY means? I found out the answer the other night! Big Bear, Me Too and I were watching Dancing With The Stars the other night before they went to bed. We must have heard the word SEXY about 500 times. Seriously. So about the time I was going to put them to bed, Big Bear started saying "I'm sexy, I'm sexy." Me Too said, "I'm sexy too" and then followed with "What does sexy mean?" Big Bear said that she supposed sexy meant fancy. I was sitting and listening to this and trying to figure out what to say about it. After a quick prayer for the right words I got them to bed and decided that would be a good time to address it before one of them went to school the next day telling everyone how sexy they are...especially Me Too whose PreK teacher thinks that the way one of the characters on Mama's Family dresses a little too risque for her taste (seriously!!). So I explained that sexy refers to grown adults and more specifically to men and women and that only men and women who were married should be sexy. I explained the sexy is a word that we ONLY use for grown ups - not ever for children - and that we should not go and talk about being sexy to our friends.
  • So what do you think? How would you explain the word SEXY to a 4 and a 6 year old? It's a hard one!!

No comments: