Friday, October 22, 2010

A Big Accomplishment


I've gotten some exciting news this week! After 21 hours of training, countless hours working on reports and case studies, giving a presentation and passing a 100 question multiple choice test I have passed my Level 1 Certification in Handwriting Without Tears!

Handwriting Without Tears is an amazing program that teaches handwriting for kids PreK - 5th grade using developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory materials that are fun and effective. I've been using this program with my own kids, in my Pre-K class, and my daughter's 1st grade class. Not only is it very effective...it is a blast!! I love singing and dancing and having fun with kids but also knowing I'm teaching them such an important skill!

I hope to start offering tutoring, summer camps, and in service or informational trainings to schools, parent groups, etc.

I'm very excited about this new venture and very proud of my accomplishment after working SO hard! I didn't know how much work it would be going into it which makes it even that much more satisfying to me!

No comments: