Friday, March 6, 2009

Freaking out, freaking out...I'm freaking out!!!

We're on our way in just a little while to a picnic for incoming kindergartners at Big Bear's new school. I know ONE person going to this school. So I'm nervous about meeting new people...that is not my thing...all the while still seriously struggling that kindergarten is even happening at all!

So here's what a nerd I am...I'm going with a strategy. This past week I got the best bubble machine I've ever seen...and I've seen quite a few! Most of them are terrible and still end up making your hands all bubble soluntiony which is what I hate about bubbles and makes me drawn to using a bubble machine in the first place. This one does NOT do that and it blows out zillions of bubbles!! I know...I'm weird to get this excited about a bubble machine. That's me...deal. Anyway, my strategy is to take my fabulous bubble machine to the picnic and blow zillions of bubbles which will entice all of the children to come to our blanket and get my child noticed as the most fun bubble machine girl around while at the same time putting myself out there as the most creative and "in the know about bubble machines" mom!

Brilliant eh?

5 comments:

Laura H. said...

haha. breathe! (and i'll say a prayer it goes well.)

My Favorite Things said...

You are awesome!! You and your family will be so loved! The Moons will bring so much to LH Elem- bubbles or no bubbles- but what a great idea. I bet it brought lots of kids over to you! :)

Rosemary said...

I think it's a fabulous idea!! They will love it! Not only will it draw kids to your daughter, it will stimulate conversation and give your daughter confidence. Good going, Mom.

rita said...

so... how was the bubble machine? and now I'm so curious about this fantastic gizmo that you have to divulge what it is exactly.

Stevie Moon said...

Check out the update and pics of the bubble machine here!