Monday, September 29, 2008

Any Speech Therapists Out There?

My 2 year old (almost 3) has a lot of the common and cute mispronunciations like "w" for "l" - like Cind-a-wewwa instead of Cinderella. But she has a very strange one that I've never heard before and not sure if it is common or not. It is funny though! She says an "h" when a word starts with "u". For example, instead of unicorn, she says hoonicorn. Instead of using, she says hoosing. It's precious but different!

Many of her cute little words are gone. Like for a long time breakfast was "fesset". It made me so sad one day when she walked in and said, "Mommy, I want some breakfast" instead of "Mommy, I want some fesset". My little baby is growing up! I need to sit down and write all the ones I can think of so I won't forget. That will be a another post for another day when I have some time to think! At any rate, I'm glad I have another one who will be going through this phase in a year or so! I can't wait to see what cute things he has to say!

1 comment:

heidi @ ggip said...

I haven't heard of it, but I wouldn't be worried at all. Make sure to write down the cute sayings!