Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Truth About Obama

I just finished watching Jill Stanek on Hannity and Colmes. Jill Stanek, if you don't know, was a labor and delivery nurse who held a baby who was born alive despite the fact that his parents and doctors attempted to abort him by inducing labor at 20 weeks because he had Down's Syndrome. He was taken to the soiled utility room to be left to die because the parents wanted nothing to do with him and the nurse who brought him there didn't have time to wait. Jill held him for 45 minutes until he passed on because she could not stand the thought of him just being left there to die alone. She was fired from the hospital when she made the hospital's abortion practices known. Jill became an Pro-Life activist and testified before Congress regarding the Born Alive Infants Protection Act, which protects live aborted children from infanticide.

The Born Alive Infants Protection Act says that any infant born alive, even if it is due to a botched abortion, is considered a human being. Everything in me cries "DUH" but for some reason, in this crazy, upside world this needs to be legislated. Thank God that it was!

People...Barrack Obama voted against this exact same legislation when he was a senator in Illinois. The Washington Post stated that:
Obama, then a state senator, opposed the measure in 2001, saying it crossed the line of constitutionality and "essentially says that a doctor is required to provide treatment to a pre-viable child, or fetus."
He felt it would open doors for Roe v. Wade to be overturned and for this reason he opposed it when even the most staunch pro choice Democrats voted for the bill.

Please spend time at Jill's site. This man voted to let children die. He is lying about it now. You be the judge of whether or not you think this is the right person to run our country. I know what I think. I'm not even going to write my true feelings or insights on this blog because you'd think I was crazy if I told you what I really think! Maybe I am - at this point, it wouldn't surprise me!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

My husband just wrote a blog about this exact same subject.
It really makes me sick. Especially knowing that this happens up to 24-25 weeks, and that's how old Charlie was.
I've seen those teeny babies thrive before. I just don't understand. If you don't want your child, please give someone else the chance to love it for you! Babies are often adopted right out of the NICU when born premature and the parents can't take care of them.
It breaks my heart to know that nobody thinks adoption is a valid choice anymore.
I know this is a lot for a comment! But I truly believe that abortion is NOT a woman's choice at all. And someone needs to stand up for the babies who cannot do it themselves.

Rosemary said...

Amen! Really. Duh! It's like they have blinders on their eyes. They can't see the truth. I'm watching the Dem. Convention and hearing them talk about how much they care. How can they justify excluding the unborn from their caring. It's weird.