Friday, June 13, 2008

Check The Date!!

The Attorney General of New York found out what I've known for a while...you've got to check the date on stuff you buy from drug stores and grocer stores.
A statewide sweep by New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo found that more than half of CVS stores and 43 percent of Rite Aid stores were selling expired drugs, milk, eggs and baby formula.
Now, I've been getting into shopping at CVS lately - getting addicted to those Extra Bucks! You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I've been able to get lately for next to nothing! But apparently they are one of the worst at not cleaning up their shelves according to the state of New York. I'm glad someone is trying to do something about it but I think ultimately it is up to the consumer to check the merchandise they buy before using it! I know I'll be more careful from now on!

1 comment:

heidi @ ggip said...

That is a good reminder! I'm going to check all that free pain reliever I got last month.