Wednesday, April 2, 2008

We Used to Hug Him!!

"He married me!" "We used to hug him!" "I've known him for forever." "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

These are some of the things people have said in reaction to one of Dallas' most beloved priests being named bishop of Shreveport. The hugging reference was actually my reaction! He was a priest at the parish where I went to elementary school and all of the kids loved to rush up and get hugs from this funny and friendly priest! Monsignor Duca, a native son of the parish I belong to now, is known and loved by many for his friendly demeanor, sense of humor and deep spirituality. While we are so proud of him and happy for Shreveport, we are sad for ourselves!

I was going to give some links to some great posts about this but Julie D. at Happy Catholic beat me saved me some time and did a much better job than I would have done! Plus she has some other great Diocesan news so check it all out there. Especially the link to the gardening picture of the new bishop!

No comments: