Thursday, January 3, 2008

Prayers Needed

Please pray tonight for a lady named Donna and her husband (and their 3 children) as they go to the hospital to deliver their stillborn 5 1/2 month baby boy. They found out yesterday and it was a shock to all, including the doctor. I cannot imagine the horror of having to go through a delivery only to leave the hospital with no baby in your arms. I know Donna through a women's prayer group that I participate in. I don't know her well but the first time I met her I could see right away the love she has for the Lord. She is a very spiritual woman. Apparently, this is her 3rd miscarriage.

I cannot seem to stop crying every time I think of what she is going through this evening. I feel so blessed to have my children and every time I've held Campo this afternoon I thank the Lord. I also keep having feelings of guilt while caring for him...which I know are completely ridiculous as what she is going through has nothing to do with me. I am going to offer up each time that I "get" to wake up and leave my comfy, warm bed tonight to feed my baby. It's not much, but it's what I can do right now.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Stevie: My youngest sister just found out that their 9-week baby stopped growing at 7 weeks and she had to have a D&C on Monday. Thankfully she has 2 other boys, but she is still hurting. Please keep her in your prayers as well. Also, and I know I'm preaching to the choir, the Lord gives us gifts in many different packages, some pretty and some not so pretty. There is a reason for sorrow, we must remember that we must endure the difficult packages, so that we can be grateful for the packages which give us joy.

Stevie Moon said...

Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry for your sister. I am absolutely adding her to my prayer list. And thanks for the reminder about suffering. We all have it - just in different forms. This particular one for me is so foreign and seems particularly difficult. I don't know that I could handle it but I know that God only gives us what we can handle and our job is to make the best use of it.