Thursday, December 13, 2007

Countdown to Campo - Running Down!

This time tomorrow my baby will be about 8 hours old! I can't believe it. I'm a jumble of emotions. Excited to see the baby, nervous about surgery, and a little wistful about our family as it is coming to an end...yet anxious to have the new and better version of our family starting. I haven't slept much this week but somehow I have the energy to get through each day and actually feel very prepared which is unusual for me! The girls are sleeping over at Grammy and Grampy's tonight and then spending the weekend with their other grandparents in Granbury - about 2 hours west of Dallas. Their grandparents in the country have horses, dogs and cats at home and a pack of longhorns pass the house at some point in each day. There is tons of room to run and play outside and lots to explore so it is huge fun for them to go there. I am going to miss them terribly! It will be Tuesday before I get home with the baby so it feels like I'm going to be gone for forever! It will be a nice break though. I always enjoy the stay at the hospital. I nurse but I do ask them to feed the baby a bottle in the night so I can sleep through and rest up for the long months coming up!

If anyone can spare a prayer...I could use one! It may be my 3rd c-section but it is no less intimidating to lay on a table awake knowing they are cutting your body open and pulling a human out of it! Yikes! I just hope I can find a way to get some sleep tonight. We have to be at the hospital at 6am!

God bless and we'll get pics up as soon as possible!

4 comments:

rita said...

stevie, oh, number three is such a wonderful blessing!! God bless you and I will be praying for you.
love, rita

nicole said...

Well, hopefully you are recovering from a successful surgery and snuggling a sweet new baby boy. I am just dying to see a picture. :)

Laura H. said...

yay a new little person with whom i get to share a birthday! exciting. cant wait to see the pictures!

Stevie Moon said...

Thanks Veronica and Nicole! Happy birthday a little late Laura!