Thursday, August 30, 2007

Good Stuff

Good stuff I've read lately and wanted to pass on:

Whatever, Lord - how many times have I said this! I'm so amazed by Heather and her faith. She is a mommy, a homeschooling mommy at that, going through chemo. Every time I start to complain about my life, and that's a lot, I try to think of her and offer up whatever I'm going through for her and others in her spot. I wish I'd known about her when I was going through my horrific morning sickness but I'm glad to know about her now because she inspires me so much.

I'm invisible - I read this post by Mama T this weekend and then it was read to us at our training on Tuesday. The Lord must really be trying to get this message across to me! I do have to issue a mascara alert on this one though.


Shopping Cart Story
- I don't know why this one cracked me up but it did. It makes me think about one of my big pet peeves in customer service. When you order a hamburger, let's say, and ask for no onions and no tomatoes. The drive through voice then replies, "It doesn't come with tomatoes". Okay, then just cut the onions...why do I need to know that? What a waste of breath to even say that. If it doesn't come with tomatoes, and I don't want them, than I don't see that we have an issue that needs further discussion. Sorry - I know it is not that big a deal - it just gets on my nerves! (I'm claiming pregnancy hormones on this one!)

Pop Quiz - I always love what Father Toborowsky has to say and this is no exception. Thank God for priests like him who are not afraid to lovingly guide parishioners in imitation of God our Father who sometimes has to let us know when we've gone off course. Like the second reading said this past Sunday:

My son, do not disdain the discipline of the Lord
or lose heart when reproved by him;
for whom the Lord loves, he disciplines;
he scourges every son he acknowledges.”
Endure your trials as “discipline”;
God treats you as sons. Hebrews 12:5-7
For what “son” is there whom his father does not discipline?

No comments: