Monday, January 2, 2012

Making a Family Binder for Organization & Project 365 Day 2

Today I am working hard to get organized.  Over the past couple of years I've found some great tools to help me.  One is the Motivated Mom's chore planning system.  It gives me chores to do each day that don't take very long, but that get my house completely clean every week.  It also has prompts me to do things such as clean out my purse every Tuesday and wash walls and clean the top of the refrigerator  - things I would never do until something forced me too - such as my purse being so full it's spilling over and breaking the kids' backs to pick up! Click here to visit Motivated Moms.

Another life saver that I swear by is a plan called Make 5 Dinners in ONE Hour.  This has completely transformed not only the way I cook, but the way I think and feel about dinner time.  She gives you 5 recipes and all of the ingredients to make those recipes.  She then walks you through preparing each of the 5 recipes and storing them away in the fridge or freezer.  This way, each night (or morning if you're doing crock pot), you have a meal already prepared and ready to be cooked.  No chopping, no prep work, nothing beyond the one hour you spend initially putting it all together.  I LOVE IT.  In fact, the past several weeks I have gotten away from doing it and dinner has been so hard.  We've ended up eating out a lot more or eating junky food.  I did the week's meals earlier this afternoon and wondered why I ever stopped following this plan!!


Anyhoo - today's main chore has been to make a family binder combinging all of the paperwork that goes into following these plans.  I will have a section for my weekly Motivated Mom's papers.  I laminated my recipe and ingredient lists so that I can use a dry erase marker to mark off ingredients I have and to help make my grocery list.
Side Note - I LOVE MY LAMINATOR - here's what I use Scotch Thermal Laminator 15.5 Inches x 6.75 Inches x 3.75 Inches, 2 Roller System (TL901) 
These will go in the binder too.  I'll put a section for calendars, kids important papers, invitations, etc.  I was really on a roll making my binder until...I realized I loaned my 3 hole punch to someone and am not sure who it was or where it is.  FRUSTRATION!!!


So, I took a picture of my organizing as my picture submission for today since that is the main thing that I have been up to!!




No comments: