Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sound of Music

The Sound of Music was run several times this weekend. I had seen the commercials for it last week and thought wistfully of the day when me and my girls could sit and watch it together. I thought I had several more years before I would have a Sound of Music watching companion. On Saturday I happened to be flipping channels and found it had just started. It caught Big Bear's attention immediately. She sat down on the couch next to me and was mesmerized by it for about an hour and a half! It was so much fun watching it with her and watching her being so enthralled with such a wonderful classic movie. I had no idea that this movie could capture a 3 1/2 year olds attention so completely or I would have planned it out with popcorn and such.

It finally got to be way past her bedtime and no where near over so we turned it off. I'm not sure that she even realized that it wasn't over. I don't think she was following the story as much as she just really liked watching all of the children and listening to the songs. She's asked to watch it every day since. I don't have it on DVD but definitely need to add it to our collection so she can watch some more of it. She didn't get to see the ball scene and I think she would really like that.

I just thank God for all of the fun firsts you get to have with your kids, expected and unexpected.

No comments: