Sunday, July 29, 2007

Why I Love Jesus Meme

Julie D at Happy Catholic tagged me for this meme a couple of weeks ago. I originally told her it would probably take me a while to come up with my answers but in fact I meditated on it in my prayer time that same day and came up with all but one of my answers. They just flowed out of me. Unfortunately, I just have never had the time to sit and write this! Looking back now, I'm not sure why I thought it would be hard to come up with answers for why I love Jesus! Here goes:

1) I love the image of Jesus as my big brother. I don't have one and always wanted one. A lot of times I talk to Him as if He really were my big brother - kind of candidly I guess. My husband is uncomfortable with it if I tell him some of the things I say...I think Jesus is a big God who can take my little tantrums!

2) I love anyone who loves my children. I'm amazed when I think about the fact that Jesus loves my children more than I do. I can't wrap my mind around how much love that is! And then to think that He also loves me that much. That just blows my mind!

3) When Jesus returned to His heavenly throne, He didn't just leave us here all alone to flounder about not knowing what to do. He gave us so many tools. The Holy Spirit, the Bible, his blessed mother Mary, the Church and the Pope, saints, angels and on and on and on.

4) I love that Jesus said nothing when questioned, beaten and teased by the Romans before His death. A man in the car next to me recently was scowling at me as if I had cut him off or almost hit him. I thought and thought about what it was that I could have done wrong and still wish I could talk to him and have my say weeks later. There is NO WAY I could have stayed quiet as Jesus did.

I actually had this last answer from the beginning but thought it was to easy or almost cliché for lack of a better term. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized there really could be no other answer that was more true.

5) The King of Kings humbled himself to become a mere mortal and live among us. Not only that, suffered cruelly and died for us so that we might have eternal life. What more is there to say?

I think this one has been around for a while so I tag anyone who has not gotten it and wants to answer it! It's a great prayer time exercise! I really enjoyed it!

No comments: