Friday, July 13, 2007

This Time Next Week....

God willing...we'll be at the Beyond Cana marriage retreat that our church puts on! We were supposed to go back in January but my oldest came down with a stomach virus. I was SO disappointed not to get to go. Honestly, I'm not as excited about the retreat part of it as I am about the weekend away with just my husband and the two mandatory date nights on Friday and Saturday. I know that the retreat part will be wonderful though. From my limited understanding of the weekend, they teach you some sort of technique in which to talk about your marriage based on a business model (which especially appeals to the men - it's business, not touchy feely!). I know it will be a great renewal of our marriage. Plus, did I mention the date nights? And that there are no kids?

I think it's safe to say my hopes are up!! I tried not to let them get this far but...St. Benedict, patron saint of stomach troubles (right???) pray for us and protect us from any little bugs that might come looking for a warm place to visit!!

1 comment:

rita said...

so excited you are going on the retreat. you and your family are completely covered in prayer...