Friday, June 15, 2007

New NFP Only Doctor in DFW!!!

I'm so excited about this. There is a new NFP only doctor opening a practice in Dallas at Presbyterian Hospital. Right now the only ones I know of are in Denton which is quite a hike from where I live. Presbyterian is very close to my house and many of my friends deliver there.

Here is the open house information for anyone in the DFW area that is interested in checking it out.
Dr. Joseph P. Behan,

Obstetrics & Gynecology

is pleased to announce the conversion of his practice to Natural Family Planning only!

Come and meet Dr. Behan on

Saturday July 7, 2007

2-4 pm

At his office:

8140 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 800

Dallas, Texas 75231


If you don't live here, please pray for this man and his decision. The email I got about it was from his sister and she said:

My family has been praying for this for a long time and Joe's family is very excited about this chance for him to practice medicine and put his faith into action at the same time. Please prayerfully consider joining us to show support for this bold leap of faith on their part!


Can you imagine the guts it takes this man to do this? He has to tell all of his current patients that he is switching to NFP only and if they want to stay with him, they'll have to as well. So basically I'm sure this means he is going to be starting from scratch! I think it is an amazing step for him to take. I'm very conflicted because on one hand I want to switch right over and support him but on the other hand I'm already 13 weeks in to this pregnancy and my doctor has delivered my other two babies and knows my whole history and all. So, I'll pray about it and go to the open house and probably consider switching after the baby is born.

3 comments:

Laura H. said...

Beautiful!

Debbie said...

I love my doctor. I've been going to him for 20+ years, but I will be at Dr. B's open house. Thank you so much for posting this important information.

alicia said...

I had to move 1000 miles to be able to practice as NFP only. In my diocese, there are only 2 of us that I know of - me (a cnm) and a lovely FP doc.
Pray for the conversion of more health care providers!