Monday, June 4, 2007

Feeding the Least Among You

I came across this video on Amy Welborn's blog Open Book. It really meant a lot to me at this moment in time. I've been feeling like such a terrible mommy and wife lately. Being so sick, I just haven't been able to take care of my family the way I want to a lot of times. Many afternoons find the girls watching videos while I lie on the couch or my bed just praying that my husband will be home soon. I can't remember the last time I actually cooked a real meal for my kids - microwaved, yes - cooked, no. They actually don't seem to mind this one very much! We haven't been outside or on any fun outings in a while (of course, the weather around here hasn't helped much on this one). I could go on and on.

Watching this video reminded me that just by doing the day to day things - feeding them (however it gets prepared) and clothing them and all of the rest is still serving God and serving them. I let myself have a little bit of a break on the guilt...at least for a few minutes!

On a side note, the beginning of this little video is my life! Just substitute my 3 year old daughter for the little boy and you would think you were watching home video from my house!

No comments: