Sunday, June 10, 2007

8 Things About Me: A Meme

Ok, so I've never been tagged for a meme before but Laura H tagged me for this one:

“For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”


Yikes...8 facts about myself. That's tough. Here goes.

1) I have been to see the Cowboys play in the Superbowl in Atlanta when I was in college. My dad was the general sales manager for the radio station in Dallas who carried the Cowboys at the time and of course it was his job to go to the Superbowl. He asked me to fly out and go to the game and I was there in a heartbeat! I even got to stand right next to Emmit Smith by the elevators because we were staying in the same hotel as the team!

2) When I was about a year old or so I was in a radio commercial for a nursery school. I was in the background blabbering away while the narrator acted as if he was translating me talking about how much I loved my school. It was pretty cute and I still have a tape of it!

3) I'm thinking about this one because it's relevant to me right now. When I'm pregnant, I cannot eat chicken. It grosses me out to no end. Yesterday Doug wanted to go to Chik Fil A as we were running errands and at first I said okay not really thinking about it and about half way there I started getting so sick and told him there was no way I could go there!

4) I went on a travelling "tour" with John Michael Talbot when I was in about 6th or 7th grade. My whole family went because my dad was producing his concerts. There were several people from his community that came with us - all dressed to the 9's in their brown robes and sandals. The looks we got were hilarious! It was tons of fun though and even then I loved his music.

5) I'm a breaking news junkie. Doesn't matter what the breaking news is...if it's breaking, I'm glued. Fox News is on a lot at my house. I've had to curb my addiction somewhat with kids around as most of the news is not appropriate for them to see. I would love it if there was a job watching the news!

Now I'm running out of stuff...

6) For the life of me I can never remember the St. Michael prayer even though I love it and it gives me chills to think of him defending us in battle.

7) I can't go to sleep at night without a glass of water next to my bed.

8) I pitched a no-hitter in softball when I was in 6th grade. Shortly afterwards I completely lost the ability to pitch at all. I don't know if it was a physical thing or a mental thing but I hung up the glove after 8th grade. I'm sure my parents were hoping for a scholarship but it wasn't meant to be I guess!

I don't know too many bloggers and I'm too shy to tag people I don't really "know" so I'm tagging anyone from Catholic Mothers Online who have never been tagged before and wants to do one of these!

No comments: